Subject: Installing and other projects
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/1995 19:49:43
There were two projects mentioned to me (either on this list or via
personal email) that I have not heard anything of lately.

1) install method

Someone was working on an inproved install method.  Just putting some
nicer prompts and methods of selecting partitions would go a long way
to making NetBSD nicer for the would-be Unix user.  Is this still
going on?

2) documentation projects

I saw a sample TOC for a paper/book about hacking kernels, and I think
there was also one about running a NetBSD system (for users).  Are
these still going?  If so, I'd like to become involved, since I've
gone and volunteered to write a driver for the Pro Audio Spectrum's
SCSI port so two more people can use NetBSD rather than Lamex.  :)

If #2 just needs resources (WWW server, disk space, a bit of time,
etc) I can help that one.  #1 is a curiosirt, but something I still
think is needed.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!