Subject: two IDE drives
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/1995 10:44:29
Pardon what is almost certainly a tremendously obvious question, but:
Can NetBSD be installed on the second of two IDE drives?  How does one then
boot it?  I have been given a fabulous Pentium system by my employer, who
expects me to use MSWord and other Windows95 or NT tools (ulch).  However, I'd
like to also be able to use NetBSD on it when I'm just goofing around.  I've
booted the 1.1 boot/install floppies and it works (almost too well; being a
133MHz Pentium, the boot program didn't give me enough time to type in a
boot command before marchng off and loading netbsd from the floppy!), but
beyond that, I want to hold off on installing until I know it'll actually work
the way I'd like it too.
The install document didn't seem to answer this question immediately.