Subject: Re: can't automatically reboot in netbsd 1.1...
To: Mark Tamola <masarap@u.washington.edu>
From: nathaniel daw <ta-ndd1@columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/1995 17:33:26
On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Mark Tamola wrote:

> for some reason, i can't automatically reboot my computer.  it just hangs
> after printing out "rebooting..." and it just sits there indefinitely,
> forcing me to hard reset.

I have heard a number of different "causes" for this -- probably it is a
problem that can arise in many different ways. In my case, the problem
was the probe for a second floppy drive in my kernel config. This is
better known for causing other problems, which I also had, but in my
case, my rebooting started to work as soon as I explicitly specified that
I have only one floppy drive.

nd