Subject: Getty can't find /dev/ttyv0!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. J. Newman <newman@cac.psu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/1995 16:27:22
Hi:

I am still trying to install NetBSD 1.1, and have gotten a bit
further.

By reinstalling things from the top, I've gotten the disk to load up
(the message "changing root device to sd0a" comes up).

Right after that, though, I get a series of messages of the form:

Dec 5:17:04:05 init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for
   port /dev/ttyv0: No such file or directory

I made sure that both /usr/libexec/getty and /dev/ttyv0 are present.

Can anybody help me? Obviously I can't do much on the system until I
can get past this.  :)

Thanks.
--
D. Jay Newman      ! AVOID CLICHES LIKE THE PLAGUE!
newman@cac.psu.edu ! They're a dime a dozen.