Subject: Re: Compiling gcc 2.7.X on NetBSD 1.1
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Gary Henderson <garyh@wet.sbi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/1995 10:52:10
Hi,

Thanks for the help ...

>I've built a working 2.7.1 with my -current compiler, which should be
>the same as 1.1's.
>
>I did not patch my 2.7.1 sources from a previous version, so nothing
>got rebuilt by bison.  Bison (as compiled by 1.1's compiler) may be
>the source of the problem.  If so, you can avoid it by touching all of
>the .c files that match .y files after patching your gcc source to
>2.7.2.

I took your advice and downloaded the entire gcc 2.7.2 tree rather patching
gcc 2.7.0 so bison isn't invoked and I've just finished compiling 2.7.2 with
no problems at all.

So it looks like bison 1.24 was the problem. I'll touch the .y files in a
minute and rebuild to confirm.

I compiled the 1.24 bison myself using gcc 2.7.0 on a 15th May snapshot of
NetBSD-i386 system.

Gary.