Subject: Wierd losses in filesystem
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <PAPPIRES@novell.coppead.ufrj.br>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1995 15:54:24
I'm having serious file and directory losses in my system under
NetBSD 1.0 everytime the system is booted.

I set it up with only two partitions (/ and /usr beside, of course,
the swap partition).  Fsck often hangs in automatic mode when called
at boot-time and many files in the /usr partition are lost.  From
time to time it looses ld.so and other crucial files that disable
even logging in.

I wonder if this is a motherboard problem, because I already
reformated the volume with DOS and scanned the disk's surface against
error but found nothing.  If it is not and someone has already been
through it, please let me know your solution.

The system is a 486dx2-66, 16Mb RAM, one 340Mb IDE HD, 1.2Mb and
1.44Mb FDs and a 2Mb VRAM Diamond Stealth VLB board, and it was
originally set up to be a majordomo and nameserver.

Thanks in advance.

        Pappires
Um abraco.
        Pappires