Subject: FAQ and mouse driver on a NEC versa laptop...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew W Hacker <hacker@optics.rochester.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1995 01:38:37
Well I finally got done installing 1.1 on my laptop and I have a
couple (ok lots and lots :-) of questions.

First, is there a fairly recent NetBSD faq?  I was trying to
find one but kept coming up with things that were mostly
talking about 386bsd and other old things.

Second,  I'm trying to get the pointer stick device on my NEC
Versa S/50 to work.  If I compile a kernel with pms0 support,
it recognizes a device at interupt 12 and everything seems
happy.  It gets through the boot up sequence and starts a getty
on console (pccons) and then nothing.  It's like the keyboard
drivers aren't there any more.  I *think* the system is happy,
but I haven't got any way to telnet into it and see if that would
work.

The exact same kernel wiothout the mouse support works fine.
So am I soing something stupid or is something not working right?
Does anyone have a track stick in a laptop working?  Should it
show up as a PS/2 style mouse?

Enough for now.  I'll wait on the rest of the question till I've
tried some other things... :-)

-matthew