Subject: Ethernet Questions
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/03/1995 17:37:29
I've just set up a new machine (on an ASUS P/I-P55TP4XE motherboard,
if anyone's interested :-)) that I'm intending to use as a news
server. I've installed NetBSD 1.1 on it. However, I've noticed that
my Ethernet card, an SMC Elite-16T Ultra, is recognised when the
machine first boots, but is not when the machine is rebooted (e.g.,
with shutdown -r) unless I cycle the power. Any thoughts on this and
how I can fix it?

Also, I've noticed that the Ethernet card seems to continue to
work, even if the memory address is not the same in the kernel
configuration as it is on the card. (The card is currently set to
c4000 and the kernel was compiled with d8000.) Is this value not
used on these cards?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.