Subject: Re: ASUS P55TP4 motherboard experiences?
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/03/1995 08:51:29
> I also don't think that it's useful or realistic to go looking for
> "universal truths" when planning a system purchase since there
> really aren't very many.  The best you can hope for instead is to
> weigh the testimony of various people who've done it before, judge
> the empirical evidence they have to back up whatever claims they may
> make, then make your decision.

Sigh.  Thank you, Jordan.  This exactly describes my frustration with
this conversation.  I said I wanted parity, although I didn't explain
why (seemed obvious to me), and three people chimed in to try and
convince me that I didn't want it.  I've been in the industry for over
a decade now, I have a lot of experience in these things, and if I say
I want parity, goddammit, can't y'all just respect my decision and
leave it at that?

			       _MelloN_