Subject: Re: ASUS P55TP4 motherboard experiences?
To: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1995 14:03:10
On Dec 2,  6:35pm, Ernst J. du Toit wrote:
}
} Well, so much for Intel's consumerism... seems like the comsumers out
} there do not want reliable memory subsystems.

     Actually, Intel is doing what the consumer wants.  The problem is
that the whole ibmpc-comapatible market is driven by price and nothing
else.  Anything that reduces price goes.  The fact that it reduces
reliability/performance is a minor little side issue.  Just take a
look at the things the PC market has produced:  floppy tape drives,
non-parity memory (this one actually originates in the Mac market),
Windows' printers (host has to render the image, which originates in
the Atari market), crappy human interface devices (mice, keyboards,
and monitors).  I would never trade my Sony 1302 (interlaced) for a
non-interlaced PC monitor.  At 1024x768, it's image is rock steady,
which is more then I can say for NI PC monitors at 800x600.  Not to
mention that the colours are much better.  One thing I really like
about this particular monitor is that it has the widest input range
I've ever seen: video (15KHz analog), HGC, CGA, EGA, VGA, SVGA, Mac,
Amiga, etc.  (i.e.  you can throw just about anything at it, which
makes it perfect for my test bench {I service computers}).

}-- End of excerpt from Ernst J. du Toit