Subject: Re: ASUS P55TP4 motherboard experiences?
To: Michael Graff <mellon@fugue.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1995 14:10:02
On Dec 2, 11:43am, "Michael Graff" wrote:
}
} My thought on memory parity is that it is a holdover from the dark
} ages of computing and isn't really needed anymore.  I would be

     I totally disagree.  Anything that increases reliability is good,
conversely anything that decreases reliability is bad; therefore,
dropping memory parity is bad.  Not knowing when your memory is
corrupt is a very very bad thing [tm].  This only occurs in the Mac
and PC markets.  The upper markets, workstation, mainframe,
supercomputer, etc. would never stand for this kind of nonsense.

}-- End of excerpt from "Michael Graff"