Subject: Re: ZIP drives
To: None <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
From: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/27/1995 18:44:04
   Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:06:07 -0600
   From: "Phil Knaack" <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>

	   You didn't mention that you wanted to use the MSDOS-filesystem
   exclusively.

I don't, necessarily.  That was the first use I had.

	   (FYI, You can also use "mount -t msdos /dev/sd2d /zip" to mount an
   MSDOS formatted zip disk that doesn't have a disklabel, assuming sd2 is your
   ZIP drive.)

This certainly did not work for me.  Is this a recent feature?
My kernel is a little old:

NetBSD 1.0A (BAALPERAZIM) #105: Thu Apr 20 12:16:56 EDT 1995
    roland@baalperazim.frob.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/BAALPERAZIM

	   My suggestion assumed an FFS-partition created using newfs. (I use
   MSDOS filesystems under netbsd only when absolutely necessary, when it is
   needed to share with DOS ;).

I am using the ZIP drive primarily for interchange, and MSDOS is the
format understood by netbsd, various PC operating systems, and
Macintoshes.