Subject: Re: ZIP drives
To: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/27/1995 12:06:07
>Well, I finally got the ZIP 100 drive and am able to read the MSDOS
>filesystem I wrote there using a Macintosh (go figure).

>The disklabel I used is slightly different from either of those suggested.
>I tried Phil Knaack's suggestion, and it was almost right.

	You didn't mention that you wanted to use the MSDOS-filesystem
exclusively.

	(FYI, You can also use "mount -t msdos /dev/sd2d /zip" to mount an
MSDOS formatted zip disk that doesn't have a disklabel, assuming sd2 is your
ZIP drive.)

	My suggestion assumed an FFS-partition created using newfs. (I use
MSDOS filesystems under netbsd only when absolutely necessary, when it is
needed to share with DOS ;).

--
Phil Knaack                    flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group