Subject: Re: atapi cdrom drivers
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/1995 22:04:28
In article <9511211528.AA05980@cthulhu>,
Mike Long  <mike.long@analog.com> wrote:

> I only thought of that possibility after sending my last message. :-)
> I've read that Amigas can use IDE drives too, but maybe that requires
> an ISA bridge?

Nope.  The A4000 and A1200 have an IDE interface on the motherboard,
with no ISA bridge.  AmigaOS supports this by making it looks like a
SCSI controller in software, which is the approach NetBSD/Amiga takes as
well (but it only supports disks).  That might be a reasonable way to
redo the i386 wd driver for atapi. Isn't the ATAPI command set for CD's
and whatnot derived from SCSI CCS anyway?