Subject: Re: Need boot floppy to mount HD!
To: Alicia da Conceicao <amail@dolphin.eric.on.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/1995 20:10:31
On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:

> Greetings NetBSDers!  Is there anyway that I can get NetBSD boot floppy(s),
> that will let me mount an existing NetBSD drive?  The NetBSD boot floppy(s)
> should have some type of limited kernel, environment, and filesystem (with
> a mount binary).  I can't use the install floppies, since I don't want to
> loss the data on my NetBSD hard-drive.

I use the install floppies as my rescue floppies as well. Just boot
as if you were going to do an install, with the root and the
filesystem floppies, but when the boot is finished, say 'n' (the
default answer) to the `Do you want to install now?' question. All
of the essential utilities seem to be on that filesystem floppy.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.