Subject: Can anyone build me a custom kernel?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/1995 03:25:24
Well, I've looked over the most recent changes to NetBSD from the last time
I could get a good kernel.  It seems that the most significant changes
happened in locore.s.

(Just to refresh everyone's memory - recent 1.1_ALPHA kernels give a bus
error on every user binary run, starting with init, upon boot on my old
386.)

Now, I don't pretend to understand all of the stuff that's happening in
locore.s.  However, I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to build
me an INSTOTHER kernel for me with an Oct 7 locore.s (I do have a copy of
an October 7th locore.s), but with everything else -current (assuming that
such a kernel would build -- maybe it won't).  I'm trying to pin down the
location of this problem more exactly so I can send-pr it.

If someone could do that for me, I'd be really grateful (if you need a copy
of the older locore.s, please send me e-mail).

Thanks!

--Ken