Subject: Re: UPS hookup
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/1995 05:51:35
In article <199511090110.RAA02271@punk.hedgehog.com>,
Rob Windsor  <windsor@pobox.com> wrote:
> Verily did mark thompson write:
>
> Has APC published their Smart-UPS protocol to the public (w/o requiring
> an NDA)?
>
> The last that I heard about it (over a year ago) was that you had to
> sign an NDA with APC before they would let you peek at the control-
> code command set for the Smart-UPS line.

Still the same, as far as I know.  I obtained the information under NDA
about 4 months ago.  The NDA terms are *quite* reasonable as far as
those things go (and believe me, I'm a cheapskate...), unlike Deltec who
offers their protocol under NDA terms so bad that apparently only two
companies have gotten the information -- one was Compaq, the other was
some other very very large company. Yes, I know, NDA is a pain... but
give APC some credit for being remarkably reasonable compared to their
competitors.