Subject: Re: NetBSD_ALPHA1.1: No PCI-PCI Bridge support?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/1995 05:18:22
> This is a DC21050 and is PCI-PCI Bridge (sitting behind the PPB are
> DC21040s).  I am quite surprised that PPBs are not supported considering
> how widely they are being used.

Hmm. This was an interesting comment, since at least one quad-ethernet
card I have seen has exactly this. I was going to ask Matt Thomas if he
know anything about them, esp with repect to if_de.*, and the...

> Is PPB support planned to be a port-1.1 item?
>
> Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
> 3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    <currently homeless>
> Westford, MA              Disclaimer: Digital disavows all knowledge
>                                       of this message

Maybe it's not worth asking you then Matt ? :-)

Seriously though folks, I would dearly love to be able to run dual
and quad ethernet (and 100Mb/s) cards, but I was wondering if
support is planned.

BTW (Matt) do you need a home for your URL then ? I have a selection :-)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           peter@wonderland.org
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465