Subject: Re: Adaptec install
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1995 18:51:37
>I'm trying to install Thor's snapshot on my DX2 which has an Adaptec
>1542. This has a 1G scsi disk attached as device 0. WHen labeling the disk
>I get the following messages:
>Labeling disk sd0...aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA

You have more than 16MB of RAM, using a 1542 (ISA bus-mastering card).

This has been rehashed only about a zillion times.  Reduce your memory
to 16MB or get a PCI/EISA/VLB 32-bit card.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...