Subject: Re: ftp.wasabi.com install disks fail
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1995 21:43:26
>I'm just unpacking the last of the wasabi snapshot on my newly
>repaired notebook...
>
>I had no problems at all getting to the point where I could boot the
>1.1 kernel off the hard disk.

"Curiouser and curiouser ...."

The install disks from wasabi worked fine on the 486 we have, but they still
failed on the 386.

NetBSD 1.0 worked fine on the 386, and so did the 1.0A snapshot Chris D
built many moons ago.

I'm kinda stumped here.  Has anything changed recently on the i386 port that
would cause such massive failure on 386's?  I'd gladly believe the hardware
that I have is broken, but it _does_ run 1.0 fine.

If there's any further info I can give to anyone, I'll be glad to.  I really
want to work this out before the 1.1 release, and I'd be glad to do the work;
I just don't know where to go from here :-(

--Ken