Subject: Re: Adaptec install
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1995 16:37:29
On Sun, 05 Nov 1995 22:58:45 +0000
 "Neil J. McRae" <neil@domino.org> wrote:

 > Labeling disk sd0...aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
 > sd0: could not mode send (4); using fictitious geometry
 > aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
 > sd0: no disk label
 > aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA

Well, you must have more than 16mb in that machine.  ISA can't deal with
DMA beyond 16mb.  Until we have bounce buffer support (which has to be
architected correctly given that we have to radically different ports
that use ISA), you're going to have to pull memory that's beyond 16mb, or
just trick the system into not using any of the extra.

A bit of a bummer, I know.