Subject: Re: headless PeeSea
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.hedgehog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1995 14:53:50
Verily did Andrew Gillham write:

>> I'm putting together a headless PC (well, it's running already), but I
>> need to figure out how to tell the kernel to ignore the missing keyboard.

>> Currently, it gets to the kernel loading and the kernel demands to see
>> the keyboard before it continues.  The BIOS itself doesn't care (yay!).

> If you are talking about the 'Insert file system floppy' message, look
> on line 250 of /sys/arch/i386/boot/boot.c.  Just comment out the check
> for 'maj == 2' and related code.

My last e-mail that I just sent mentioned pcvt, I'm going to try a new
kernel with pccons.  I was using pcvt because I just used the same kernel
that was on another machine.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Sunnyvale.California.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://pobox.com/~windsor/

"Ain't much distance 'tween a pat on the back and a kick in the pants."
    -- David Lee Roth (1990), `The Dogtown Shuffle'