Subject: WordPerfect Demo on Current
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom W. Cutter <twcutter@mowgli.wr.usgs.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/1995 14:00:25
Hi,
I'm trying to get netbsd-current to execute the WordPerfect 6.0
demo for SCO.  I've got the kernel set to use IBCS2 binaries.

COMPAT_IBCS2    # binary compatibility with SCO and ISC

I've even been able to execute SCO binaries which are not Xwindows
based.  When executing this demo with XFree86 3.1.2 the following
device files are required: /dev/X0R, /dev/socksys, and /dev/spx.
What are the equivalents on NetBSD?  What does it take to make the demo work?

I set /dev/X0R to /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 with a link,
created an empty /dev/socksys and linked /dev/spx to /dev/vga not knowing
any better.  Blind guessing didn't come up with the right combo.

--
Tom Cutter	California District	twcutter@mowgli.wr.usgs.gov
Macintosh? - maybe,	Dos? 		Just Say No!