Subject: Re: ftp.wasabi.com install disks fail
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Tim Liddelow <tim@cst.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/1995 14:13:32

> I have the problem on the installation disks (ie - I don't even get to the
> point where I _could_ run tar, if I wanted to).
>
> BTW - I am pretty sure I saw some notes on wasabi that said to use --unlink,
> and I was pretty sure that --unlink is under the --help for tar.
>
> --Ken

I had the problem that someone else mentioned - init croaking.  After
booting the kernel, then replacing it with the install disk, I was able
to untar everything again with the --unlink option - it worked.

Thanks for the tip!

Cheers
Tim.

! Tim Liddelow                    ! http://www.cst.com.au/~tim      _--_|\
! Software Engineer               !                                /      \
! Creative Software Technologies  ! Multimedia VideoConferencing   \_.--.*/
! Phone:    +61 3 9587 1444       ! Unix, Win 32, X Window System        v
! email:    tim@cst.com.au        ! C++, C, Web, consulting