Subject: two minor things
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Grills <jefftep@cs.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/1995 21:14:09
I recently reinstalled 1.0 on my system (had to repartition my root drive)
and I remembered 2 things that I had a problem with while installing.  It'd
be nice if these are fixed for the 1.1 release.  I don't keep up with -current
anymore, so these may be fixed, but I thought it was worth the mail anyways.

the Load_tape() function in /.commonutils is broken.  It has:
        $TAR xvpf --unlink /dev/$which
It should probably be:
        $TAR --unlink xvpf /dev/$which

next, the /dev/MAKEDEV doesn't make the non-rewinding versions of wt0.
I had to dig through some kernel sources to find the minor numbers:
crw-rw-r--  1 root  operator   10,   4 Oct  9 21:13 nrwt0
brw-rw-r--  1 root  operator    3,   4 Oct  9 21:13 nwt0

hope this helps...

jefftep