Subject: ftp.wasabi.com install disks fail
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/1995 12:28:04
Hallo.

I tried installing the 1.1_ALPHA install floppies from ftp.wasabi.com, and
they failed the same way as I reported on current-users.  That is to say,
init dies with a SIGBUS.

It's very strange; init doesn't die at the same place each time.  Sometimes
it gets far enough to run /etc/rc (which also gets a SIGBUS).

Anyone else see this problem?  Do the install floppies from ftp.wasabi.com
work for anybody else?  (I'm talking about the ones announced yesterday).

This is the same problem I had when I updated to -current, so my first
guess is some strange bug in -current.

Oh, this is on an old 386/16, 8Mb, two floppy drives, 540 Mb IDE drive.

--Ken