Subject: Re: Installation problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1995 14:04:03
On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> David_Eckhardt@ROBIN.WARP.CS.CMU.EDU writes:
> > 	From: richard.ellis@kpmg.co.uk
> > 	Date: Thu, 26 Oct 95 15:25:47 GMT
> > 	Subject: Installation problems
> >
> > 	     netbsd 1.0....
> > 	               wdc0: lost interrupt: error 0: status 0:
> >
> > Known problem #41412344.  NetBSD 1.0 basically doesn't support IDE.
>
> Complete bull. I run lots of IDE machines at clients on NetBSD
> 1.0. They never get errors like that at all.

The only time I've gotten that error is when I ran the ISA bus at 12MHz,
which seemed to work fine for MSDOS, but gave me numerous "lost
interrupt" and "timeout" errors under NetBSD. Reducing the ISA bus clock
to 8MHz made everything work just great.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 19 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++