Subject: Re: booting problems..
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1995 11:45:16
Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de> wrote:

>> presumably this is a bios problem but it'd be nice to find a way around it. ;)
>
>I don't think it's a BIOS problem, see above. To make sure it isn't,
>try booting any other OS and see how much of the available mem it sees.

AFAIK, NetBSD/i386 uses a BIOS call (see /sys/arch/i386/boot/bios.S)
to find out how much memory is in the system.  The BIOS call returns
its result in AX, a 16-bit register; so the memory size is limited to
64M (65M total).
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));