Subject: Re: kernel faults... (hardware?)
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1995 07:31:41
>I'm getting consistent kernel faults on my AMD DX4/100 box.
[...]
>This hardware used to be fine with NetBSD... but that was with a
>DX2/66 cpu, I've mostly used DOS/Win95 on the ASUS since the cpu

The newest AMD 486 CPUs support internal write-back caching --
something not commonly available on a standard 486.  Maybe this is
getting turned on and your motherboard can't quite handle it?

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...