Subject: 64Mb ram? and de0[10-100Mbps]??
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Lever <J.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1995 13:27:29
>Hi everyone, I recently acquired a Dell DGX 5100 (Pentium 100) with the
>onboard ncr SCSI chip, carrying a nice 128Mb ram, but I've got one small
>problem.... it WON'T BOOT!!

well, fixed that problem.. As expected, problem with bios, but with floppy
controller - it thought it was a dual drive..

anyhow.. still there is another 2 problems..

1.	netbsd is only recognising the first 64Mb of ram on the system
		is this normal, and is there a way around this?

2.	I'm using one of the new SMC9332 PCI e/net cards and there appears
		to be no network traffic using it.. I've attempted to set
		it to use utp/10Mbps using the config disk but it still
		doesn't like it under netbsd..

	is there some way of setting the network card (ie. either using ifconfig
		or some other method) to tell the card to talk through the utp
		port on the back (instead of the stp port) AND to do it at
		only 10Mbps??

thanks.

James Lever
Network Development,