Subject: Re: Can't boot 1.1
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@sde.uts.amdahl.com>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/1995 10:41:36
In Message <m0t7JB1-0000Z3C@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> ,
   "Alistair G. Crooks" <agc@sde.uts.amdahl.com> wrote:

=>I got this on a Gatway 2000 laptop when I had the pms mouse driver
=>config'ed in to the kernel. With no pms driver, I was able to boot
=>and run fine (with a Glidepoint mouse hanging of one of the serial
=>ports). This is with -current sources from October 16th.
=>
=>1.1_ALPHA boots fine on my other i386 boxes, none of which has a
=>pms mouse driver.
=>
=>My stack trace was bad, too, but I didn't have any more time to
=>look any further.
=>
=>Hope this helps,
=>Alistair

   Just as another data point, I'm running 1.1_ALPHA on a DECpc
466d2 MTE with a PS/2-style mouse, and it seems to be working
fairly well. I've been getting a little flakiness lately with
XFree86, but I think that may be linked to recent changes I made
to my vnode swap file. In fact, I just did a "make build" which
seems to be working. I just had to change one Makefile to get the
boot program to build.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts