Subject: Re: Have Linux VOX sound drivers been ported to NetBSD ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Torsten Duwe (Emacs) <Torsten.Duwe@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/1995 23:21:19
    >> The subject says it all. Why do I want them ? So linux doom has sound
    >> of course ! Plus there are a few binary-only linux distributions
    >> appearing, such as speech recognition and synthesis packages that I
    >> would like to play with.

Then why don't you just _run_ Linux ;-) ? I have a small Linux partition on
my machine for occasions like these. The VoxWare drivers are of a kind that
you don't want them in NetBSD; they use static data structures and thus
support only one card of any type, they duplicate some functionality in
multiple drivers and last but not least require auto-dma, which NetBSD
doesn't support yet.

	Torsten