Subject: Disklabel problems
To: None <hvozda@netcom.com>
From: Cisco Lopez-Fresquet <cisco@src.honeywell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/26/1995 14:49:51

>> Hmn.  I seem to be caught in a catch-22 here.  I need to set a disklabel
>> BEFORE I can load NetBSD, yet I need to have NetBSD loaded in order to set a
>> disklabel....
>>
>> I can get the kernel up and running off a floppy.  Is there a way to run
>> disklabel from just a kernel?

ESH> I didn't know you were installing...

ESH> Yeah disklabel will be on the install floppy.  Where it normally
ESH> should be (in /sbin)...

Hmn.

Running disklabel off the floppy still gives me the same problem (can't
change unset disklabel).  It also adds a new one:

   /etc/disktab   -  no such file or directory.  (I assume this doesn't
                                                  exist on the floppy?)

It also seems to be having problems with the disk type, I am using a 1 Gig IDE
drive.  Any ideas?

  Thanks again,

 - cisco
   HTC honeywell