Subject: TinyBSD
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Cisco Lopez-Fresquet <cisco@src.honeywell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/22/1995 16:21:37
When installing NetBSD, I am told to name my disk's disklabel.  When I do
so, I am given an error to the effect of "unable to change disklabel".

The FAQ suggests that this is due to NetBSD's inability to give a disklabel
to a partition that does not already have one, and suggests using TinyBSD
to boot the system and designate a disklabel for NetBSD.

Well, I looked around a bit, and can't find a copy of the TinyBSD floppy
anywhere.  Is this something that no longer exists under the newer versions
of NetBSD? (This portion of the FAQ was written at the time NetBSD-0.1 was
the current version.)

So, any pointers to a copy of the TinyBSD floppy, or alternative methods
of installing a disklabel so I can proceed with my installation, would be
appreciated.

 - cisco
   htc honeywell
   minneapolis, mn