Subject: Re: NetBSD on a multi-OS system
To: Cisco Lopez-Fresquet <cisco@src.honeywell.com>
From: Jack Patton <jpatton@net20.intserv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/21/1995 02:14:40
On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, Cisco Lopez-Fresquet wrote:

> My problem:  I need to install a boot loader of some sort so that I can
> choose to have NetBSD boot rahter than Windows NT, and the NetBSD
> documentation is woefully inadequate on this point.  We were using the
> Windows NT boot manager initially, but this doesn't seem to want to
> recognize NetBSD.  I have heard that there are programs like BOOTLOADER and
> BTEASY tht would do the job.  I have also considered using the LILO program
> from LINUX.

Welp, I am sure that there is a better way to do this, but I have dos on
drive C: and NetBSD on D:, so I just reboot with the kcbt boot disk in A:
and when the initial thing comes up instead of hitting return to load the
kernel off the floppy I type in wd(1,a)/netbsd to load from D: and the
system takes over from there and it all works off the HD from that point.

Hope this helps