Subject: NetBSD on a multi-OS system
To: None <onno@simplex.nl>
From: Cisco Lopez-Fresquet <cisco@src.honeywell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/20/1995 15:52:24
I am installing NetBSD on a system with several other operating systems
(several flavors of Windows, plus MS-DOS).  I have installed a second hard
drive to hold NetBSD, and have progressed through partitioning & kernel
installation, to the point where I am told to "reboot and install the rest
of the distribution sets."

My problem:  I need to install a boot loader of some sort so that I can
choose to have NetBSD boot rahter than Windows NT, and the NetBSD
documentation is woefully inadequate on this point.  We were using the
Windows NT boot manager initially, but this doesn't seem to want to
recognize NetBSD.  I have heard that there are programs like BOOTLOADER and
BTEASY tht would do the job.  I have also considered using the LILO program
from LINUX.

I am stuck on how to get a boot manager installed that will recognize
NetBSD, as well as all the currently loaded operating systems.

Any help would be appreciated.

 - Cisco Lopez-Fresquet
   Systems and Software Technology Group
   HTC Honeywell