Subject: Re: Kernel configured for 3C589
To: None <rsutton@zabriskie.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/20/1995 09:20:34
> Does anyone have a kernel configured for a version of current that would
> support the 3C589B which could be made available via ftp?

Ok I'm not the best connected site, but my ftp tree is mirrored at a
local Telco (one of my clients).  The kernel below is what I'm running
on my Toshiba notebook.  It has PCMCIA ep and com devices enabled but
not ed (sorry but I couldn't find anything but the 3Com cards here).

Apart from the pcmcia stuff, it is plain 950818 -current plus my patch
to remove the 4.4BSD symlink behaviour.

Look for (in this order)

ftp://ftp.telstra.com.au/mirror/ftp.quick.com.au/netbsd/netbsd-3c589.gz
ftp://ftp.quick.com.au/pub/netbsd/netbsd-3c589.gz

The config for the kernel is at the same locations - called NOT.

The first one won't be there for 12 hours or so but its via a 2M link
cf. my 28.8k (or less)

> I'll be installing the OS to my laptop soon and it would save quite
> a bit of time if the source and binaries could be moved via ethernet
> rather than disks or floppies.

I loaded mine via a slip link at 9600.  Worked ok - just let the ftp
run overnight... but ethernet would have been great.

--sjg