Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.0 and/or -current and Windows '95 VFATs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, simmons@darykon.wa.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/1995 14:24:23
> Writing is another story. These additional entries are ignored by the
> current version of msdosfs. Thus the implicit links between the entries for
> the long names and the standard entries will be broken up, if you delete
> a file/directory on a Win95 partition. Creation of files should be no
> problem (as long as you didn't delete something previously).

Today it occured to me that we could quite easily (hopefully) support
deletion of these extra entries. I'm going to look into that when I'm back
from vacation (which is in two weeks).

That way we would at least be able to fully support the Win95 partition
without destroying its consistency, albeit without support for the long
filenames in our implementation.
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800