Subject: Re: Hacking in the AHA2940 driver
To: None <windsor@pobox.com>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/13/1995 10:44:10
On Wed Sep 13 02:06:11 1995, Rob Windsor wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I desperately need to compile a NetBSD kernel that supports the AHA2940
> controller card.  I'm willing to hack in the FreeBSD driver if someone
> would be so kind as to point me in the right direction on how to do so.

Look at infosys.zdv.uni-mainz.de:/pub/NetBSD/misc_features/Stefan/kernel/scsi

There is a a source for a -current from June. It doesn't work with a reall
-current and FreeBSD has now a support for the 3940 in it.
I changed the source to come up with -current but had no time to test it with
an NetBSD partition and the new assembler source isn't updated now (who want's to
do that ?).

Bernd