Subject: Notebook question (Maximus)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Louis Ruppert <lruppert@chialpha.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/10/1995 22:55:44
I bought a maximus 486/66 dual scan media book as a portable netbsd box,
but it seems to have problems with the hard disk crashing and spitting up
errors about timeouts.  When this happens I have to cold boot the
machine.  Does anyone else have the same problem?  I'm wondering whether
this is a drive problem where I could get a replacement, or whether it is
a software problem, like a known bug for notebooks or something.  I do
have the HD power management disabled in the BIOS.

Also, has anyone had any success in using sound in media notebooks?  It
seems to play the first half-second of the sample, and then hangs.  This
is from catting the ULAW file into /dev/audio.

I had to cob together a sendmail.cf file to send this, so it probably
isn't right.  My email addresses are:
lruppert@chialpha.org
lruppert@npac.syr.edu

Thanks,
-Lou
(who has considered playing notebook-discus and notebook-shot-put a few
times tonight...)