Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.0 on 4MB machine
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@colwyn.owl.de>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/09/1995 12:10:38
>will NetBSD-i386 1.0 run STABLE on a machine with only 4MB?
>I know that the Amiga port runs very unstable with only 4MB RAM.

One of the best investments you will make is just buying a bit more
RAM.  NetBSD should be able to run fine in that much memory (no
promises) as long as you avoid X.  I used to run NetBSD in 5MB (no X)
and it worked fine.  But honestly, just bite the bullet and somehow
beg, borrow, or steal enough money to get 4MB more, and you'll be a
much happier camper.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...