Subject: Install floppies
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Maxwell <david@spinne.web.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/1995 10:27:24
Hi all,

	I'm doing my first install on a PCI machine. There are no PCI
cards involved in this case (pun intended), one serial card, a 2meg video
card, and an Adaptec 1542.

Life should be plain and simple, but I'm getting hangs when booting off
the install floppies. The hangs are similar to the aha/bt hangs when the
first -current floppies were put out. I get:

aha0 at isa0 port 0x300-0x333 irq 11 drq 5aha0: aha_cmd, cmd/data port full

scsibus at aha0
probe0(aha0:0:0) timed out
adapter not taking command.. frozen?!
panic:should call debugger here (adaptec.c)
hit reset please

The machine originally had 48Megs RAM. I've taken it down to 16Megs, and
I've checked the settings on the 1542 thoroughly.

I'm going to try moving all the cards to a non-PCI machine and installing.
Perhaps after I have a -current kernel on the hard disk the machine will
boot on the PCI motherboard.

So... two questions. Can someone remind me where the -current install disks
with the aha/bt bug fix can be located? I had a set but can't find them.

Second, does anyone have any other suggestions for the above problem?

Thanks,

						David Maxwell
						david@web.net