Subject: Re: Mouse/X weirdness?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/1995 09:15:44
You wrote (in your message from Sun 3)

 > > Try "MouseMan" - it's the Micro$oft protocol extended by a byte for the
 > > middle mouse button according to XF86 src.
 >
 > I'll give it a shot, but shouldn't "Logitech" work?

>From the symptoms you reported in your first mail, and from my
knowledge of XFree86 mouse code, it's the NetBSD kernel that hangs
during the mouse initialisation. The particularity of the Logitech
protocol is that the drivers writes a configuration string to the
mouse port instead of just reading it.

Here's what XFree86 does:
	switch port to 1200 bauds
	send the configuration command
	switch to the  desired baud rate.

All this is done with tcsetattr() and write() calls.

Since you're using ast serial board, I would suspect a problem with
the NetBSD ast driver.

					Matthieu