Subject: Re: Mouse/X weirdness?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/1995 12:32:03
>From the keyboard of Andrew Gillham:

> Well, I _found_ the problem.. (after switching ports/mice/etc)
> If I have 'Protocol "Logitech"' in my Pointer section, X hangs, but
> if I change it to "Microsoft" (no matter what mouse I use!) X comes
> right up.  Of course when I have a Logitech hooked up it doesn't work
> right, but X is up.
>
> Why??  Please tell me why??? :-)

I once bought some cheap (but very good) OEM Logitech mouses with 3
buttons (M/N: M-MD15L-9F) and they too run for years only with the
Protocol Microsoft setting. When a new Xfree release came out, i always
tried Protocol Logitech but with no success.

Never touch a running mouse ... ;-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
                       "There are lies, damn lies, and open systems." (unknown)