Subject: Re: Yet More Weirdness
To: Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@deshaw.com>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@iic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/1995 13:49:50
On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, Charles Hannum wrote:

> There seem to be some video cards which respond to writes to the
> floppy controller's digital output register.  I haven't the foggiest
> notion why.  Updating your fd.c to the latest version may fix the
> problem.

This happened on my ET4000 card.  I had to comment out fd0 from the
kernel to get things to work properly.

What i notice is that during bootup, when it tried to access the fd0, the
screen text scroll start to get messup.  After boot, if I mount /dev/fd0a
and access it, then scrolling is back to normal.

I had thought this problem was to to some SVGA cards using IRQ 2 for
vertical refresh...

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087