Subject: Re: PCMCIA support
To: Lou Ruppert <lruppert@groomlake.npac.syr.edu>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/1995 07:28:53
On Sun, 27 Aug 1995 15:12:01 -0400 (EDT)  Lou Ruppert wrote:
> Are there any devices besides the 3com card that are supported via
> PCMCIA?  My notebook has a PCMCIA modem, and I'd like to be able use it
> if possible.  Also a scsi adapter for the notebook would be a nice thing
> to have if it was supported.

>From the PCMCIA v0.6.1 (yes, I'm going to upgrade soon):

[...]
Devices known to work:
    D-Link DE-650 and DE-650CT ethernet cards.
    A IBM pcmcia ethernet card (also known as NE 4100 infomover).
    These cards are NE2000 compatible ones.
    The Linksys should be a DE-650 (or vice versa, I've seen this card
      with different  Labels on it).

    3COM  3c589B (should do 3c589A also) ethernet cards.

    Megahertz Modem 14400 Baud the 28880 Baud probes but doesn't work
        correctly
    There is also a pratialy working Adaptec (Trantor) T460 driver.
[...]

I have a DE-650CT, XJ2288, and a Qlogic Fast!SCSI card.  The 650CT is
pretty nice, I'm pleased with it.  My XJ2288 doesn't work so well, but Stefan
has incorporated changes in the NetBSD-current version of his work
that may change that (I'm still running 1.0pl6 here).

After a long hiatus, I'm back at work on the Qlogic driver.  Since I'm
just getting that rolling, I don't have any projected dates for
a call for test volunteers.  Altho, I will call for people as I get
farther along (I'm really out growing my 520Mb IDE in helios, so
I'm motivated to invest in reusabledevices :+)