Subject: Re: PCVT vs. XFree86 3.1.x
To: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/1995 23:52:25
Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

>"In a previous message, Matthias Scheler wrote:"

>> Any clues how to avoid this problem? Will the new 3.30 version of PCVT
>> fix this?

>Hm... I never had a problem, but you can try the 3.30 now.  It's on the FTP
>site.
>I do, however have a problem with 3.1.2 and the Mach32 server...  when I go
>back to a text window, the graphics mode is incorrect and I get the
>out-of-sync text smeared and wrapped about my screen.  Anyone else get
>this?

I just installed XFree86-3.1.2 on my NetBSD-1.0 system (running the
stock pcvt 3.00).  I don't seem to have any problems at all with the
Mach8 server...  If it matters.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...