Subject: PCVT vs. XFree86 3.1.x
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@colwyn.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/1995 18:50:53
	Hi,

I run -current kernel on a P90 with a SPEA Mercury V7. Since I enabled
PCVT I have the problem that XFree86's (3.1.1 and 3.1.2) display is
some how shifted to the right. The mouse pointer is at the right location
but the windows are all at the wrong location. If I switch once to
another virtual console and back everything is at the right position.
But as soon as XFree86 tries to make a window visible (e.g. if xconsole
wants to output something) it display gets shifted to the right again.
The problem vanished after I switched back to the normal console.

Any clues how to avoid this problem? Will the new 3.30 version of PCVT
fix this?

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@colwyn.owl.de