Subject: XFree86 3.1.2
To: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@owl.dol-esa.gov>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/1995 21:30:09
You wrote (in your message from Sat 19)
 > Hi,
 >
 > There is a new release of XFree86 in case you had not heard.  It tries to
 > include <machine/console.h>, that's the old name for <machine/pccons.h>.
 > I will try to let the XFree86 people know about this.

No. console.h is the include file for the syscons console driver. If you
don't have it, there are 2 possibilities:
	1. install the one that is provided in
	   xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc
	2. Change XFree86ConsoleDefines in xf86site.def to remove
	   -DSYSCONS_SUPPORT.

 > It also wants to get it's hands on pcvt_ioctl.h, but NetBSD does not put
 > this in /usr/include/machine.  Does someone have a problem with putting
 > that there, or was this an oversight?

Here you are right. If SYSCONS_SUPPORT is not defined and PCVT_SUPPORT
is defined, pcvt_ioctl.h is needed. And it doesn't get installed in
NetBSD. Just add it, and send a PR to NetBSD.

In the mean time, I will add it to the XFree86 distribution in the
same way as console.h and ioctl_pc.h.

					Matthieu

PS: I have changed the Cc: from current-users to port-i386.