Subject: Re: netbsd/dos on same disk
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/17/1995 06:59:34
On Wed, 16 Aug 1995 17:31:36 -0400  Mark_Weaver@brown.edu wrote:

> [...]
>
> Use the "start" and "size" values from fdisk for the "offset" and
> "size" parameters in the partition table, respectively.  Leave off the
> trailing comment, disklabel will add it for you.

...and don't forget to increment the 'Partitions:' count either; it was
the source of a big headache for me awhile back (Hi Ken!)...

> You might have to reboot to have the disklabel take effect, I'm not
> sure.

No need to reboot; it will be seen immediately...

> Personally, I usually use mtools instead of mounting, because I find
> it more reliable, although lots of bugs have been fixed in NetBSD's

Had lots of luck with NetBSD msdosfs, but I've been burned too...

I seem to recall this cool bug here if the partition filled, it looked
ok in NetBSD until you rebooted, then it was trashed :-)  Charles found
this and fixed it awhile back tho...